Thursday, May 26, 2011

About This Blog

I have been writing lack-luster poetry since I was in middle school. Though I admit my adolescent poetry was not the most masterful stuff to read, it did contain parts of my emotions at the time, making it honest, raw, and relevant. Through this blog, I hope to attract anyone who would care to better their poetic writing. By the closing of 2011, I will have a minor in Creative Writing from IU South Bend. With this degree, my love for poetry, and the amount of time I have dedicated to bettering my work, I feel that I can provide simple, effective, and accurate information on how to take one's poetry to the next level.

Before you take heed to any of my advice, I should warn you that I am utterly insane. I try to mask it in order to partake in this quasi-Third Reich society, but what's the point? Reality TV and less-than-mediocre music is taking over America like the Black Plague of the Dark Ages. And we being the capitalist consumers eat it up like pac-man eats dots and glowing blue dudes. So we imitate, drink ourselves into stupors, fake-tan until we get melanoma, and everything is just fucking perfect.

You may be asking yourself, "what does this have to do with writing poetry?" Poetry has served as my escape to this insanity for the majority of my life. You don't necessarily have to agree with my ideology, but if you understand that this is happening, perhaps you aren't too far gone yet. And I can save you with an escape that has served me well: writing poetry. As for the title, "Rusty Box Cutter", it's the title of one of the first dream-inspired poems I ever wrote, about an old homeless man attempting to stab me with a rusty box cutter.

Poetry: It's as addictive as crack, but less harmful...nope, just as harmful.


2 comments:

  1. I can see our blogs will be similar in the bizarre. I look forward to reading your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh bizarre indeed; and at times overly judgmental and critical of the society in which we live. Not enough people are jaded enough, and that disappoints me. *insert sad face*

    ReplyDelete